Re: Bruhns "big" e-minor prelude

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: Bruhns "big" e-minor prelude
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2018 04:23:23 +0200

On 30.03.2018 01:21, Karlin High wrote:
On 3/29/2018 3:16 PM, Ali Cuota wrote:
in IMSLP the big e-minor prelude from Nikolaus Bruhns exists in pdf,
with a reference to Mutopiaproject. In Mutopia, Bruhns ist not
(anymore) in the composers list.

I would be happy to have the source file if possible.

Archive.org is an amaaaaazing service!

<https://web.archive.org/web/20051111074129/http://www.mutopiaproject.org:80/cgibin/make-table.cgi?Composer=BruhnsN>

So is convert-ly: version 1.3.117->2.19.80 worked pretty well.
And then I did a run of Frescobaldi’s (python-ly’s) auto-formatting, and corrected a whole lot of things manually, but just in terms of coding:
\new instead of \context
use \voiceXXX commands
remove unnecessary overrides
use \tempo instead of \mark "Adagio" &c.
And lastly I took the single liberty of correcting g natural in m.12 to g sharp – I’m quite certain that that’s a typo.

What I did not fix:
Unnecessary R R R instead of R*x
Unnecessarily complicated durations like R1*24/16

That would be an important step before recontributing to Mutopia.

Also, I made no changes to staff distribution &c.

Best, Simon