Re: Custom drum noteHead in define expression

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Custom drum noteHead in define expression
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2018 15:26:55 +0200

> Hi,
>

> Just trying to figure out if this is possible :
>
> When defining  a drum instrument with this expression:
>

> #(define mydrums '(
>          (bassdrum        default   #f           -1)
>          (snare           default   #f           0)
>          (hihat           cross     #f           1)
>          (halfopenhihat   cross     "halfopen"   1)
>          (pedalhihat      xcircle   "stopped"    2)
>          (lowtom          diamond   #f           3)))
>
> Is there a way to define a very custom notehead in the 2nd argumrnt of the
> list such as any other glyph not being a notehead, like per example a pedal
> glyph (pedal.*)
> or any other glyph or even eps ?
>
> I have searched (maybe not too thouroughly) trying to figure this out. Any
> help or idea will be just great. this will prevent me to use an override
> NoteHead.stencil tweak for every note.
>
> Best
>
> --
> Karim Haddad

Hi,

in
http://lsr.di.unimi.it/LSR/Item?id=1033
I tried to explain thoroughly how to customize drums-appearance.
Probably some general help...

It should be clear then that the list-argument in question is a note-head-style.
Ofcourse only estabished styles will work.

Not sure if it might possible to define a custom style and let the
stencil-procedure rely on it.
(And not the time yet to try.)

Cheers,
  Harm