Re: Articulation sign in Haydn

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Articulation sign in Haydn
Date: Thu, 5 Apr 2018 15:24:21 -0500

On 4/5/2018 1:48 PM, Lukas-Fabian Moser wrote:
I would be willing to compile my own LilyPond, but I must confess I have no idea how hard it is to do so. I work on a Linux Mint machine; can one give a reasonable estimate of the effort needed to switch to self-compiled?

Not all that hard, thanks to Federico Bruni's work with the LilyDev projects. These are customized versions of Debian or Fedora Linux pre-configured for working with LilyPond source code. These are intended to run as virtual machines or containers, so I expect they'd do fine on your Linux Mint system.

<https://github.com/fedelibre/LilyDevOS>

The contributor guide also has good information, although it doesn't reference the newer LilyDevOS containers. Once you have a virtual machine or container running, probably go here for instructions on downloading and compiling the latest source code.

<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/lily_002dgit>
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA