Re: Extraneous TabStaff printing when I don't want tab output

From: Larry Morandi
Subject: Re: Extraneous TabStaff printing when I don't want tab output
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2018 17:22:41 +0000

Thank you, I got it. (I would have replied to the list, but the only button that appeared on the page was to reply directly to you, and I only get digests, which are hard to reply to.)

You are right it does work correctly. My fault.

Larry M.

On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 10:19 AM Noeck <address@hidden> wrote:
Dear Larry,

please always reply to the list.

Am 06.04.2018 um 19:14 schrieb Larry Morandi:
> Thanks for your reply. You say that using tags works, but it doesn’t for me using the current stable release, 2.18.2. The output look exactly the same whether I use tags for not. Are you using 2.19.something?
>
> Larry M.

This works both for 2.19.80 and 2.18.2. Here is the full code again
which I compiled with 2.18.2:

\version "2.18.2"

\header {
  title = "Test showing extraneous TabStaff output"
}
global = {
  \time 4/4
  \key c \major
  \tempo 4=100
}
chordNames = \chordmode {
  \global
  c1
}
melody = \relative c'' {
  \global
  c4 d
  \tag tab \set TabStaff.minimumFret = #0
  e f
}
\score {
  <<
    \new ChordNames \chordNames
    \new FretBoards \chordNames
    \new Staff { \removeWithTag tab \melody }

  \layout { }

Joram