cannot run ../.ly file which includes another file

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: cannot run ../.ly file which includes another file
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2018 19:01:27 +0200

Hi all

Can anybody tell me what's wrong with this minimal example?
I would expect the included file to be relative to the location of the file which includes it, not to the current working directory. What do you think?
The only workaround is using the --include option?

[build (master *+)]$ cat ../song.ily
\version "2.19.0"

myMusic = \relative c' {
 c4 d e f |
}

[build (master *+)]$
[build (master *+)]$ cat ../song.ly
\version "2.19.0"
\include "./song.ily"

\myMusic

[build (master *+)]$ lilypond ../song.ly
GNU LilyPond 2.19.81
Processing `../song.ly'
Parsing...
../song.ly:4:1: error: unknown escaped string: `\myMusic'

\myMusic
../song.ly:4:9: error: syntax error, unexpected end of input, expecting '.' or '=' or ','
\myMusic

fatal error: failed files: "../song.ly"