Re: override TextScript.padding changes text baseline?

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: override TextScript.padding changes text baseline?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2018 15:28:32 +0000

On 4/18/18, 7:49 AM, "Robert Hickman" <address@hidden> wrote:

    I am attempting to increase the spacing between a text block and the
    staff, which I have found can be done using
     \override TextScript.padding = ... However doing this changes the
    baseline of the text for some reason. 'good baseline' the bottom of
    the 'g' hangs down as expected. When the padding is set, the bottom of
    the G is used as basis making the result look bad.

Padding applies to the bounding box of the graphical element.  It maintains a
minimum space between ink on the page, if you will.

Text spacing is based on the baseline.

Have you tried the Y-offset property?  I'm not sure what you're after, but it
seems to work for me.

\version "2.18.2"
\header {tagline = ""}
{
    \override TextScript.Y-offset = #5
    \omit Staff.TimeSignature
    \textLengthOn
    \numericTimeSignature
    \time 1/4
    \acciaccatura c''8 g'4^\markup {\tiny Absolute } | \acciaccatura
a'8 g'4^\markup {\tiny Vague }
}

HTH,

Carl