Re: Slurs do not work with Larsen articulations

From: Karlin High
Subject: Re: Slurs do not work with Larsen articulations
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2018 10:18:34 -0500

On Tue, Apr 24, 2018 at 9:18 AM, Robert Hickman <address@hidden> wrote:
> The only way to create good documentation is to listen to your users
> problems and progressively make improvements.

Yes, exactly! The LilyPond community has a process for this.
<http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/contributor/documentation-suggestions>

However, in any software development community, some suggestions are
more likely to be accepted than others. For example, if I went to a
forum for a C-family language and said "This whole business of ending
each line with a semicolon is just stupid; you need to change that!"
what response would I get? Swift and overwhelmingly negative, right?
That language element was settled years ago, and my opinions on it are
irrelevant. Whatever help I would get from the C-people, getting rid
of the semicolons would not be part of it.
--
Karlin High
Missouri, USA