Re: Lilypond slow to start up on the Mac

From: Andrew Bernard
Subject: Re: Lilypond slow to start up on the Mac
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2018 10:05:11 +1000

Hi Tim,

The development versions are very stable. I hammer them all day with massively complex scores, and no problems arise. The term 'unstable' is a self deprecating conventional trope of modesty used in the open source world.

Take the risk - it's worth it. And there are so many good new features I could not live without. What can you lose? If on the off chance it crashes, go back to 2.18.

Andrew