Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Spacer Rests Global Confusion
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2018 11:41:32 -0400

Hi,

> I have difficult understanding why Frescobaldi configured the score like that
> if it's not prone to using the global block easily.

I don’t know what you mean… The \global block is easy to use.

> For instance, what is different about your code structurely and is there a
> con to doing it your way?

Not that I’ve found. Or I’d do it another way.  =)

> Can you explain the math of my question though? I don't get the *

It’s a duration multiplier. s1*3 says "use a spacer rest of duration one whole
note, but make it last as long as three whole notes". Similarly, d4*13 says
"display a quarter note d, but make it last as long as 13 quarter notes".

Hope that helps!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info