Re: \magnifyStaff alters thickness of barlines

From: Torsten Hämmerle
Subject: Re: \magnifyStaff alters thickness of barlines
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2018 03:09:30 -0700 (MST)

Hi Brent,

I'd do it just the way Andrew did it (use the "traditional"
fontSize/staff-space approach).

I don't know why you need to make one staff in organ music slightly smaller,
either, but I'll take it for granted and supposing you need a factor of 6/7:

A factor of 6/7 means a magstep value of approx. -1,3344.

As to the \magnifyStaff issue:
I consider it a bug.
The effect is not that obvious for moderate scaling factors if the
differently-sized staves are not connected by inter-staff bar lines.
But when (deliberately) not scaling the stave line thickness, there should
be no scaling of bar line thicknesses and kern values (the distance between
double bar lines) either.

I think I'll open up an issue (or at least report it to the bug list first).

Thanks for the hint,
Torsten