Re: Need someone testing XML file in Finale and Sibelius (and Dorico)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Need someone testing XML file in Finale and Sibelius (and Dorico)
Date: Sun, 6 May 2018 11:58:08 +0200

Am 06.05.2018 um 11:43 schrieb Jacques Menu Muzhic:
Hello Urs,

musicsml2ly and Finale 2014 behave as expected, but MuseScore 2.2.1 produces
beams in both cases, i.e. even when there are no beams in the MusicXML data.

OK, that seems that between 2.1.0 and 2.2.1 MuseScore has added that feature.
Still it's of course inacceptable not to export beams at all.

Unfortunately we can so far only deal with explicit beams, there's no way (without substantial work to redo LilyPond's autobeaming (and beaming pattern) in Python).

Thanks for testing
Urs

Strange…

JM