Re: Fwd: Compile crashing... help!

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Fwd: Compile crashing... help!
Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 03:43:01 -0700

On 2018-05-10 01:04, Phil Holmes wrote:
Did you consider my suggestion of using a Linux virtual machine?

If you are running 64-bit Windows 10, remember that the Windows Subsystem for Linux exists:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_Subsystem_for_Linux

This seems like the easiest option to be able to run 64-bit build LilyPond on Windows, until such time as mingw-w64 can be utilized by LilyPond/GUB.

Obviously, one can run a full VM, but WSL is a much lighter-weight option with fairly good support for command-line tools. I am in the process of getting this set up myself for some work on other projects, and I will report back my results.

-- Aaron Hill