Center text over measure

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Center text over measure
Date: Fri, 11 May 2018 17:39:27 +0200

Hi all,

somehow I have the feeling this is a stupid question, but I'm unable to find the solution.

Is there a convenient and semantically clean way to center a markup above/below a measure?

I need a solution that doesn't rely on separate contexts (e.g. a Dynamics context above the staff). What *would* be acceptable is a Scheme function that calculates the actual width of the measure and does the centering from that. But since that would probably only be possible in a after-line-breaking callback it would seem quite dirty to move around a markup at that point.

Any suggestions?
Thanks
Urs