Re: Vertical space above ossia

From: Walter Garcia-Fontes
Subject: Re: Vertical space above ossia
Date: Thu, 17 May 2018 15:34:20 +0200

* Ben, address@hidden [17/05/18 12:05]:
> On 5/17/2018 2:01 AM, Walter Garcia-Fontes wrote:
> > I'm having trouble eliminating vertical space above an Ossia
> > snippet. This is the example of the manual, augmented to extend over
> > multiple lines:

\version "2.19.32"

\new Staff = "main" \relative {
\repeat unfold 4 {  c''4 b d c} \break
\repeat unfold 4 {  c4 b d c}
  <<
    { c4 b d c }

    \new Staff \with {
      \remove "Time_signature_engraver"
      alignAboveContext = #"main"
      \magnifyStaff #2/3
      firstClef = ##f
     \override VerticalAxisGroup #'default-staff-staff-spacing = #'(
(basic-distance . 0)
(minimum-distance . 0)
(padding . 1.5)
(stretchability . 90) )
    }
    { e4 d f e }

\break
\repeat unfold 4 {  c4 b d c}
  c4 b c2
}

> > The vertical distance above the ossia I could not reduce no matter how
> > much I tweaked the numbers in the override, and so the distance
> > between the two lines with ossia in the middle is different from the
> > rest. I also tried "staff-staff-spacing" instead of
> > "default-staff-staff-spacing" but there is no change.
> >
> > Is it possible to reduce the vertical distance above the ossia? I
> > gave up and ended up doing the ossia with music included in a markup,
> > for the markup I know how to tweak all vertical distances.
> >
> You could always try to approach from the paper block? :) Does that work for
> your needs?

[snippet erased]

> \paper {
>   system-system-spacing =
>     #'((basic-distance . 10)
>        (minimum-distance . 1)
>        (padding . 1)
>        (stretchability . 6))
> }

The problem is that the vertical distance between line 1 and 2 is larger than
between lines 2 and 3. I would like it to be equal for all lines. I
can achieve  this with the "markup" below, but not with the way the
manual suggests to do "ossia":

\version "2.19.32"

\new Staff = "main" \relative {
\repeat unfold 4 {  c''4 b d c} \break