Re: lyluatex: captions and page breaks

From: Federico Bruni
Subject: Re: lyluatex: captions and page breaks
Date: Fri, 18 May 2018 08:32:05 +0200

Il giorno gio 17 mag 2018 alle 9:00, Urs Liska <address@hidden> ha scritto:

Am 17.05.2018 um 08:54 schrieb Federico Bruni:
Hi all

As lyluatex does not support captions¹, so far I've used \header{piece="Caption"} in the lilypond snippet to display a title before the music fragment. I'm ok with the way it looks. The problem is that sometimes this title is put just before a page break, so caption and figure are separate. How can I avoid it?

I've also tried using latex captions, but this does not solve this page breaking issue. Specifically, I've used the caption package and the command \captionof, as described here: https://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/350835/caption-out-of-float-error-when-using-caption/350836

Thanks in advance
Federico

It has been decided to *not* have lyluatex bother with matters of advanced integration.

Can't you simply write something like (can't test right now):

\begin{figure}
\begin{lilypond}
{
  c'
}
\end{lilypond}
\caption{My example}
\end{figure}

?

Yes, this is definitely the way to go. Thanks!

Eventually, I came up with this to place the figures exactly where they are in the source and center them on the page (float package is required by the H option):

\begin{figure}[H]
\centering
\caption{My caption}
{