Re: Combining full bar rests with omitted grobs in between

From: Davide Liessi
Subject: Re: Combining full bar rests with omitted grobs in between
Date: Sat, 19 May 2018 17:41:01 +0200

> You'd need to work with tags and alternative passages.

> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:
>> The different length of s1 and R1*2 will always result into a splitted
>> MultiMeasureRest, afaik.

Thanks for your answers.

For the record, I solved my problem using tags to filter the \tempo
marks and then applying \mergeSkips from
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2013-12/msg01085.html
to merge the spacer rests and avoid splitting the multimeasure rests
(in the original file I had spacer rests filling the full length of
the piece).

Indeed, I noticed that elements inside removed tags are not shown by
\displayMusic (hence \mergeSkips can merge the spacer rests).
At what point is tagged content removed?
What parts of LilyPond's code are responsible for that?

Best wishes.
Davide