Re: align markup text to right side of measure

From: Simon Albrecht
Subject: Re: align markup text to right side of measure
Date: Mon, 4 Jun 2018 21:37:28 +0200

On 04.06.2018 21:22, Reilly Farrell wrote:
I'm looking for a way to control the alignment of markup text.  Specifically, I'm looking to align "D.C. al Fine" to the very right side of a measure, rather than having it float above a given note.

That’s simple, if you use a RehearsalMark – which is semantically no bad idea anyway:

\version "2.19.80"
{
  1
  \tweak self-alignment-X -1 \mark\markup \normal-text\italic "D. C. al Fine"
  1
}

Best, Simon