Re: [OT] Search for Morgensterns Galgenlieder for choir

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: [OT] Search for Morgensterns Galgenlieder for choir
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 03:08:23 -0700

On 2018-06-10 02:45, David Kastrup wrote:
Andrew Bernard <address@hidden> writes:

On 10 June 2018 at 05:12, Bernhard Kleine
<address@hidden> wrote:

When I was young we sung a piece of Christian Morgensterns
Galgenlieder
with the Youth choir of Gelsenkirchen: Es gibt ein Gespenst, das
frisst
Taschentücher.

Hi Bernahrd.

Try IMSLP:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Galgenlieder_(B%C3%B6ttger%2C_Martin)

Martin Böttger, first published in 2014.  This does not really
match the
part of the request:

After almost 50 years I wanted to get the partitur for this piece by
Kodaly.

all too well.

Looks like this is a better fit at 1922:

http://imslp.org/wiki/Neue_Galgenlieder%2C_Op.43b_(Graener%2C_Paul)

The first part, Gespenst (Moderato), is the one Bernhard quoted. See:

http://www.mumag.de/gedichte/mor_c06.html

Never mind.  That edition was just a vocal/piano arrangement.  Not for
a choir.

I also suspect that it's hard to misremember "piece by Kodaly" since
Kodály is comparatively unique.

Oh, believe me. I'm hitting my head on the proverbial desk for missing that in the original post.

But if we are in fact talking about Zoltán Kodály (d. 1967), then his works would likely still be under copyright, so it is unlikely to find them on IMSLP.

-- Aaron Hill