Re: [OT] Search for Morgensterns Galgenlieder for choir

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: [OT] Search for Morgensterns Galgenlieder for choir
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2018 11:21:57 -0400

Hi Aaron,

> On 2018-06-10 07:59, shane wrote:
>> I suppose wether or not ismlp has it depends on if you are Canadian

> The Berne Convention officially sets international copyright duration to life
> of the author plus 50 years, but nearly all countries have extended that to
> "life plus 70".

On this list
<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries%27_copyright_lengths#Table_of_copyright_durations_by_country>,
 the number of countries that are "life+50" is well over fifty, maybe close to
a hundred (I stopped counting!). Add to that all the countries that are listed
simply as "Berne" — which currently is "life+50" — and I'm not sure "nearly all
countries" is an accurate assessment of the situation.

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info