Re: Add 'generic' padding between two staves (once)

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Add 'generic' padding between two staves (once)
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 08:37:06 -0400

On 6/13/2018 10:07 PM, Andrew Bernard wrote:
HI Ben,

I am surprised that an alternative way to do this has not been mentioned. Adding invisible spacers objects always bothered me, personally. Have you looked at NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details settings? Please refer to the NR Section 4.4.2 Explicit staff and system positioning (for 2.19).

You can precisely adjust x and y coordinates of a system and have it only affect just the one system.

Andrew

Thanks Andrew!

I'm having some problems using those commands, so maybe I am misunderstanding something:
http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/explicit-staff-and-system-positioning

For example, in my case I'll be wanting to use this type of override "in the middle of note entry directly". So I tried just copy and pasting these commands to see that they're working first because trying to find my exact values needed, but nothing adjusts when I add any of these lines. Would there be something preventing these commands to be working in the note entry directly?

\overrideProperty NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
  #'((X-offset . 20))

\overrideProperty NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
  #'((Y-offset . 40))

\overrideProperty NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
  #'((X-offset . 20)
     (Y-offset . 40))

\overrideProperty NonMusicalPaperColumn.line-break-system-details
  #'((alignment-distances . (15)))