Re: Advice on naming and structuring scholarLY commands

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Advice on naming and structuring scholarLY commands
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2018 09:16:58 -0400

Hi Urs,

1. I think \variants is good. The fact that \choice matches MEI is its only
true advantage over \variants (IMO).

2. I agree that \edit doesn’t immediately seem optimal. The same problems, I
think, plague \option. I considered \variant [singular], which works well (IMO)
except for the obvious command similarity issue (likely leading to typos and
potential reader confusion. I'll keep thinking on it and get back to you if I
stumble on something superior.

Good work!
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer