Font trouble when compiling via Windows Subsystem for Linux

From: Brent Annable
Subject: Font trouble when compiling via Windows Subsystem for Linux
Date: Sun, 17 Jun 2018 13:08:20 +1000

Hi all,

Some of you may remember my memory allocation error from a while ago: trying to compile a 200-page PDF using a 32-bit version of Lilypond on a 64-bit Windows 10 system caused it to run out of memory. I eventually solved the problem by running Lilypond under the Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL), but now I have a notation font problem.

I have successfully installed and used several notation fonts (Ross, Haydn, Sebastiano, etc.) on my Windows installation of Lilypond, but now when I compile under the WSL it says "fatal error: cannot find font: 'ross-11'". I have copied the relevant font files into the following directory:

C:\Users\%user%\AppData\Local\Packages\CanonicalGroupLimited.UbuntuonWindows_79rhkp1fndgsc\LocalState\rootfs\usr\share\lilypond\2.18.2\fonts\otf (and svg as well)

but the error keeps occurring. I don't know what else to do. Any thoughts?

Kind regards,

Brent.