Re: Does \balloonText only work inside chords?

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Does \balloonText only work inside chords?
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 13:31:54 +0200

Am 18.06.2018 um 12:31 schrieb David Kastrup:
David Kastrup <address@hidden> writes:

Urs Liska <address@hidden> writes:

According to NR 1.7.2 \balloonText is "used likeĀ \tweak, typically
within chords, to attach text to an individual note." I have two
questions to this:
The documentation is ridiculous.  I don't remember the details but
basically footnotes were previously done similar and reimplemented with
more sane user interface and documentation.  Balloons should likely be
done likewise.

Until they aren't,
Uh, you know what I mean.

ignore the documentation texts and rather go for examples that might
be present in doc examples or regtests.

OK, that also means documentation patches aren't really what is needed before the implementation has been fixed. I have tried doing something, but I'll leave that for another sub-thread, as it doesn't actually address the other part of my question.

Urs