Re: Ties across voices

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: Ties across voices
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2018 15:52:48 +0000

On 6/17/18, 12:14 PM, "Simon Albrecht" <address@hidden> wrote:

    On 16.06.2018 20:41, Shachar Shemesh wrote:
    > The Tie won't tie between the voices and the chord past the voices.

    It seems to work if you move the Tie_engraver from Voice to Staff level:

    I moved Tie_performer along, since you were talking about the importance
    of accurate MIDI for your use case. I don’t use MIDI (or hardly ever) so
    I can’t test reasonably, but it should work, I imagine.

This looks like the right answer, and one that maybe ought to be documented in
a docs snippet.  Lots of people use the LSR trick of hidden notes, when a more
straightforward approach is to move the Tie_engraver.

I wonder if having the Tie_engraver be in the Staff ought to be the default?
Can anyone see negatives to having it be in the Staff?

Thanks,

Carl