Re: Need help creating Scheme functions to automate includes of many sco

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: Need help creating Scheme functions to automate includes of many scores in a project
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2018 16:35:13 -0700

On 2018-06-26 16:02, Karlin High wrote:
On 6/26/2018 5:41 PM, Aaron Hill wrote:
So is the only option, then, to just dive into the code at this point?

Have you seen this post by Stéfano Troncaro?

<http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2018-01/msg00603.html>

I had not, though that seems a good starting point for the edition engraver in particular. Thanks!

That said, what I was seeking was information about openLilyLib itself. How is the project structured? What services does oll-core provide to packages/modules? Basically, if I were to come up with an idea for an extension to LilyPond, how would I best evaluate whether openLilyLib would make a good platform on which to build and how would I go about integrating it?

Since I tend to learn best by example and experimentation, I am perfectly content with cracking open the source for existing packages/modules; but I did not want to overlook any useful design documentation or implementation guides.

-- Aaron Hill