Re: chord names - C Delta 7 chord?

From: Reilly Farrell
Subject: Re: chord names - C Delta 7 chord?
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 12:03:33 -0700

Thank you Thomas!  Works like a charm. :)

On Sat, Jun 30, 2018 at 1:08 AM, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm looking for a solution for printing a C Delta 7 chord name (so that 7
> prints clearly after the delta symbol).  I started off wth the failed
> attempt below and haven't had much success anyway else:
>
> \version "2.18.2"
>
> \score {
> <<
> \relative c' {
> c4 c c c |
> }
>
> \chords {
> c1:maj7.7
> }
>>>
> \layout{}
> \midi{}
> }
>
> Any assistance or suggestion is appreciated.  Thank you!

Usually the "delta symbol" _is_ the symbol for major seven.
Admittedly, I know other notations as well. Though, I've never seen a
"delta symbol" _and_ "7".

Anyway, the context-property `majorSevenSymbol` could be adjusted to
retrun as you wish.

\layout {
  \context {
    \Score
    %% whiteTriangleMarkup is the default, see engraver-init.ly
    majorSevenSymbol = \markup { #whiteTriangleMarkup 7 }

\chords {
  c1:7+
}

HTH,