Re: \unset with modified default properties

From: Saul Tobin
Subject: Re: \unset with modified default properties
Date: Sat, 30 Jun 2018 20:58:00 -0700

Unfortunately, for my use case, \once\set and \once\unset aren't enough.

On 2018-06-30 17:50, Saul Tobin wrote:
> In both 2.18 and 2.19, \unset appears to set a context property to the
> built-in default, rather than the default set in the \with {} block:
>
> [ . . . ]
>
> In cases like this, I would find it useful to reset the property to the
> custom default value without having to explicitly \set it every time.
> Is
> there a way to do this? Also, is this the most useful behavior of
> \unset?

While not a completely general solution, you may be able to use \once:

%%%%
   music = \relative c' {
     \tuplet 3/2 {
       c8 c c d d d e e e f f f |
     }
     \once \set Staff.tupletSpannerDuration = #(ly:make-moment 1/2)
     \tuplet 3/2 {
       c8 c c d d d e e e f f f |
     }
     \tuplet 3/2 {