Re: \bookparts and scaling (Karlin High)

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: \bookparts and scaling (Karlin High)
Date: Sun, 01 Jul 2018 17:09:40 +0200

Torsten Hämmerle <address@hidden> writes:

> This being said, I agree with you that we need something that lets us
> create differently-sized scores within a \bookpart that look as if
> #(set-global-staffsize …) was used. Ideally, layout-set-staff-size
> would be able to accomplish this, which isn't the case yet and
> therefore, to me, the current layout-set-staff-size doesn't make too
> much sense.

I am not sure: it might make sense for score markups inside of a score
since they similarly might have to match the spacing of the surrounding
score.  However, this could now be considered the problem of \staffSize
and it might make more sense to use layout-set-staff-size for the
complete deal.

I don't think that, whatever its original intent was, it is being used
significantly for anything these days.

--
David Kastrup