Re: dotted semicircle indicating harmonics

From: sylvius
Subject: Re: dotted semicircle indicating harmonics
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2018 11:51:10 +0200

> On 7. Jul 2018, at 09:36, Thomas Morley <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> regarding your mail-adress I suppose you typeset a piece from Sylvius
> Leopold Weiss, copying an old transkription. From the image likely:
> lute-tablature to guitar-notation.
>
> If that's true, there would be no reason to exactly follow this
> transkription. It is not the original anyway.
>
> So I'd like to second Simon.
>
> Though, my guess may be wrong. Afaik, S.L.Weiss never used harmonics ...
>
> Cheers,
>  Harm

Hi Thomas Morley!,

I’m typesetting a piece of Fernando Sor from a facsimile?/first?/19th
century?/early edition
(http://hz.imslp.info/files/imglnks/usimg/8/8c/IMSLP470312-PMLP93616-Sor_op.60.pdf).
  He uses various notations to indicate harmonics.  I’m well aware of the
“modern” ways to indicate harmonics as well as their equivalents in LilyPond.
I know the great flexibility of LilyPond and I’m convinced that it is possible
to typeset even less common forms of notations.

I still would like to know how to achieve a dotted semicircle but it’s probably
a matter of PostScript rather than LilyPond.  Unfortunately I’m not very
proficient with PostScript and so far I haven’t found a solution in various
internet researches.

Thanks for your help!
Sylvius