Re: Two Frescobaldi suggestions

From: Ben
Subject: Re: Two Frescobaldi suggestions
Date: Mon, 9 Jul 2018 07:54:39 -0400

On 7/8/2018 3:52 PM, Urs Liska wrote:

Am 8. Juli 2018 20:15:09 MESZ schrieb Menu Jacques <address@hidden>:
Hello folks,

Frescobaldi is quite a great tool, and I often think it could even be
enhanced in the following ways:

	- add a command to select all the skips in the window or current
selection. This would help locate some recognition problems when
scanning PDF files with tools such as PhotoScore Ultimate;
How do you think this could/should be selected? We don't have multiple selection, and I don't think we can manage that.
Maybe a command "go to next skip"?

This makes me think: the find tool allows jumping through search results. What about adding something like a content search? like "search all skips", "all explicit beams", triplets, custom functions...

I'm not sure how that could practically look like, but it might be a nice enhancement.

	- in the MIDI player, let the user select the measure to start from by
typing its number on the keyboard.
This is a longstanding wish, but IIRC it's far from trivial.

Urs

JM,

I wish for something like that as well in Frescobaldi, but at least you can 'seek' relatively easily with the MIDI player window and get to the spot for playback. Have you tried that?

I think I included a walk through on how to MIDI-seek in one of my video tutorials from a while ago. It was very handy once I discovered it in Frescobaldi. :)

HTH!

JM