Boxed Markup as a Whole?

From: Ben
Subject: Boxed Markup as a Whole?
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2018 20:26:07 -0400

Hello,

I am stumped on how to enclose these markup noteheads in one box around them all? I can only seem to get them individually boxed. In the past, I have only had to box text markup before, and that's about it. So I can't figure out how to box marked-up notes as one unit. (see attached)

Also, how can I beam these eighth notes together in the markup? Is this possible?

Thank you!

(http://lilypond.org/doc/v2.19/Documentation/notation/music)

%%%%%%

\version "2.19.81"

\header {
title = "Example"
}
\relative c'
{ c1 c^\markup {
  % how can I beam these 8th notes as well as box them as a unit?

 \note #"4" #1
  \hspace #0.75
  \note #"8" #1
  \note #"8" #1

} c c c c c c }

\paper {
  markup-system-spacing.minimum-distance = 10
  markup-system-spacing.basic-distance = 15
  ragged-right = ##f