Re: Some text formatting advice

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Some text formatting advice
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2018 15:02:38 +0200

Am 23.07.2018 um 14:58 schrieb Torsten Hämmerle:
Urs Liska-3 wrote
In a combination with staff-padding it is possible to vertically align
TextScript markups by their baseline.
Well, this only works sort-of, namely when there's no music above the
staff.

In this modified excerpt you can see that the text abvoe the first bar
is pushed upwards with no need:

I would like to be able to position text at a fixed distance from the
staff, regardless of any items in the "padding" area. Of course if that
would collide the text could be allowed to move (if the a'' were in the
second bar that would be the case). But if a solution would suppress
collision handling altogether it might be acceptable as well.
Hi Urs,

This can be accomplished by
   \override TextScript.outside-staff-priority = ##f
That way, TextScript is not treated as an outside-staff object and thus will
not be pushed away from the stave by music. Your example will work with just
this little additional override:

Thank you very much, this is indeed what was missing. I must admit that all the text formatting is still pretty confusing for me.

Now I'll "only" have to find a reliable way of referring the block text formatting to LaTeX (and in a way that it looks consistent with the remaining text ...

Best
Urs