Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Lilypond & Halfdiminished/Diminished symbols.
Date: Thu, 09 Aug 2018 21:02:34 +0200

address@hidden writes:

> On 08/09, address@hidden wrote:
>
> Also, not that it matters in this context, I don't think that the GPL
> requires you to return your modifications to the original author.

Definitely not.  For one thing, copyright allows arbitrary private use
of legally obtained copies (copyright maximalists don't want you to
believe that).  The GPL comes into play only for redistribution.  It may
be that the GPL has provisions for that in order to cover weird
jurisdictions and/or clarify matters, but usually that is already
covered by copyright law as such.

--
David Kastrup