Re: Running Frescobaldi from Git on Windows

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Running Frescobaldi from Git on Windows
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2018 16:02:30 +0200

Am 13.08.2018 um 21:47 schrieb eBooks:
On Aug 13, 2018, at 10:05 AM, Urs Liska <address@hidden> wrote:
I have written a Wiki page on how Frescobaldi can be run from its Git
repository on Windows:
https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/wiki/Run-Frescobaldi-3-from-Git-on-Windows
 and I would like Windows users to test that and report any issues. I did it on
Windows 7 and using all the default options the various installers suggested.

The point in running Frescobaldi from the Git repository is the ability to test
new features before release or to run a custom version provided for a project
by someone ;-)
Is there something similar for macOS users?

I have no idea. There are a number of Mac installation instructions (including translations) on the Wiki, but I think they all cover the "release" installation. I *think* that the approach taken in the Windows guide should also work on Mac (pretend you use a released package and replace all the Python files in it - but from what I "know" about Apple's policies I wouldn't bet that they haven't done anything to prevent that kind of "abuse".

Best
Urs