Re: Frescobaldi testing requested

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Frescobaldi testing requested
Date: Tue, 4 Sep 2018 23:52:02 +0200

Am 04.09.2018 um 23:08 schrieb Partitura Organum:

On 4-9-2018 17:36, Urs Liska wrote:
Hi to all those who use Frescobaldi from the Git repository,

I've done some refactoring of the code handling LilyPond jobs, as a preparation for further work. So far there *should* be no differences in behaviour or performance, but I think my code introduces plenty opportunity for new bugs and unwanted side-effects. Therefore I'd be glad about anyone who tests https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/pull/1100.

As there are no new functions involved it's "only" about stability and errors, with anything that involves external processes like LilyPond, the regular engrave modes, the score wizard preview etc. (the only thing I've deliberately not fixed *now* is the "show available fonts" dialog).

Thanks
Urs

I worked this evening with the refactor-job-branche. I encountered one glitch: Engrave (adapted) does not work. Pressing Ctrl+Shift+M brings up the familiar pop up screen. But then clicking 'Start Lilypond' does exactly nothing. I had to switch back to the master branch to be able to create some PNG's.

This is not what happens for me.
Could you specify the OS/distribution you're running?
And maybe provide a screenshot of the dialog. I could imagine that some combination of options would be able to produce unwanted behaviour.

Urs

Other than that, no problems so far.

Regarsd,
Auke