Re: LilyPond 2.19.82 and Fedora 28: exit code 6

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: LilyPond 2.19.82 and Fedora 28: exit code 6
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2018 13:22:00 +0200

Davide Liessi <address@hidden> writes:

> Hi all.
> Compiling this file:
>
> \version "2.19.82"
> {
>   c1
>   \tempo "a"
>   %c1
> }
>
> with the system-provided LilyPond 2.19.82 on Fedora 28 I get this error:
>
> lilypond 2.19.82 [Senza nome] in avvio...
> Elaborazione di «/tmp/frescobaldi-nw1vbdie/tmpe_aojklz/document.ly»
> Analisi...
> Interpretazione della musica...
> Pre-elaborazione degli oggetti grafici...
> Uscito con codice 6.
>
> Uncommenting the last c1 compiles correctly.
> With LilyPond 2.19.82 from lilypond.org both versions compile correctly.
>
> Let me know if you need further information to diagnose the problem.

Works on current Ubuntu Alpha (to become 18.10) at least with the binary
I last installed (June 19) and with a binary freshly compiled from
master (on x86_64, gcc (Ubuntu 8.2.0-4ubuntu1) 8.2.0).  The \tempo does
not actually appear, though.  Now Fedora tends to be sort-of on the
bleeding edge with regard to GCC so I won't rule out that this is
GCC-related, but the above-mentioned Ubuntu GCC is not exactly old
either and I just did a clean build to make sure everything is compiled
by that GCC version.

So which architecture and GCC version are we talking about in your case?

--
David Kastrup