Re: changing the length (height? positions? endpoints?) of an arpeggio

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: changing the length (height? positions? endpoints?) of an arpeggio
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2018 16:20:57 -0400

Hi Torsten,

> You can explicitly set an arpeggio's start/end positions by overriding the
> positions property.

See my response to Joram, and the bug (?) regarding that.

> this function can be used in a custom scheme function just subtracting a given
> amount from the lower value and adding the same amount to the upper value.

This is (a) fabulous, and (b) solves my problem perfectly (see modified
snippet, below).

Thanks!
Kieren.

\version "2.19.80"

#(define (widen-arp grob)
  (let* ((pos (ly:arpeggio::calc-positions grob))
         (lower-corr 0.5)
         (upper-corr 0.5))
   (cons (- (car pos) lower-corr) (+ (cdr pos) upper-corr))))

upper = {
  \time 3/4
  <c'>2.\arpeggio
 \override Score.Arpeggio.positions = #widen-arp
  <c'>2.\arpeggio
}

lower = {
  \time 3/4