Re: Extend Whiteout property

From: Lukas-Fabian Moser
Subject: Re: Extend Whiteout property
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2018 18:23:35 +0200

What you can do now is
  • fork this repository
  • register the fork and the main Github repository as "remotes" in your local repository (I suggest to name them "github" and "<insert-your-github-username>" if you have the Savannah repository as "origin")
  • create a branch for your path
  • commit
  • push to your fork
  • create a Pull Request on Github
  • tell us here about it because we won't be automatically notified about it.

That way anyone can look at your code, and you should be able to refine the code together with others.
At some point you may then do the required registrations and upload your patch for review (as per LilyPond's Contributrs' Guide), or you may ask someone else to "sheperd" your patch through the review process.

Thanks much for the step-by-step description! I think I managed to follow it through, now. (I admit I was a bit shocked by my own courage after reading the line " wants to merge 1 commit into from