Re: Cover page

From: foxfanfare
Subject: Re: Cover page
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 13:07:34 -0700 (MST)

David Wright wrote
> Judging from your posts here, I'm kind of surprised that you aren't
> already using it, as you would seem to have the aptitude for it.

Thanks David. But it is not as easy as it seems :) It is quite difficult to
change all your habits, to learn everything again, even if I'm convinced
about the necessities to do so.

It is exactly the same with LP, I'm truely conviced about the software. As a
music teacher, I never succed to conviced my colleagues to try it. Even if
they were conviced when I showed them how it works and the possibilities, I
think they didn't have the courage to learn it. It takes time and energy. I
think it is the same with me and Linux right now... As we say, all habits
die hard!

But when I read about your workflow, although a bit chinese to me, my eyes
shine! And you all conviced me about LateX. To be frank, I tried in june to
make working lyluatex but without any success at the time. I fear it is not
that easy, at least without a proper tutorial (if SoundsFromSound read this,
it would be a great idea for a video ;-)

Urs Liska-3 wrote
> That's where lyluatex comes in (as mentioned by Malte). It handles nearly
> everything in this regard, even protrusion.
> The cool thing is: it doesn't only *scale* a pdf to fit into the margin,
> but makes sure LilyPond compiles with the right layout to begin with. It
> can even make LilyPond use the text fonts of the surrounding document, and
> automatically caches the score and recompiles when. the score or the
> layout changes.

Does this mean that you don't even have to generate the PDF with LP, you
just copy all your code in latex and it handle the engraving of the score by
itself?