Re: Cover page

From: H. S. Teoh
Subject: Re: Cover page
Date: Tue, 11 Sep 2018 16:48:32 -0700

On Tue, Sep 11, 2018 at 03:09:57PM -0700, foxfanfare wrote:
> Simon Albrecht-2 wrote
> > Maybe. LaTeX becomes less of a good choice the more you actually
> > want to design the visuals. In a scientific paper, looks don’t
> > matter at all, it’s only about the content; that’s where LaTeX is
> > perfect, no doubt. If you’re going to design a poster, LaTeX is most
> > certainly not the tool of choice, because you want to have total
> > control over where everything is placed; visuals are essential.  A
> > cover page is somewhere inbetween, but further to the poster side,
> > I’d say.
>
> Interesting. The total control of the layout is very important for me
> to achieve this task.  Especially for the cover which (I agree with
> you) I'd like to be more of a poster than a simple text...  Maybe it
> is worth a try using LP and the markups for this... Although I'm a
> little worried that no one seems to use it that way!
[...]

I've used LP and markups for title pages before.  It's *possible*,
though somewhat klunky.  It entailed a lot of looking up various markup
commands in the LP reference, tweaking things, and doing tedious work
like wrapping paragraphs manually, etc..

What is Matter, what is Mind? Never Mind, it doesn't Matter.