Re: Edition Engraver question

From: Craig Dabelstein
Subject: Re: Edition Engraver question
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2018 14:18:18 +1000

Got it. I understand now. Thanks Keiren!

Craig

On Wed, 12 Sep 2018 at 07:51, Kieren MacMillan <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Craig,

> I'm trying to use the EE to add a simple text markup but can't get it to work. I musn't be referencing the voice correctly. Can anyone give me some pointers?

You’ve made a couple of errors:

1. You need to have DrumVoice in your \consistToContexts list.

2. You need to address DrumVoice, and not Voice.

3. You need to identify which DrumVoice (in this case, the first, so DrumVoice.A).

And, although it technically still works, it’s a little odd to generate an \editionMod against an edition that you haven’t added yet!  =)

Here’s a modified snippet that works, I believe.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.

\version "2.19.80"

\include "oll-core/package.ily"
\loadPackage edition-engraver
\consistToContexts #edition-engraver Score.Staff.Voice.DrumVoice.DrumStaff

snaredrumNotes = \drummode {
  \repeat unfold 3 { sn4 sn sn sn }
}

bassdrumNotes = \drummode {
  \repeat unfold 3 { bd4 r bd r }
}

\addEdition parts

\editionMod parts 2 0/4 leipzig.orchI.partI.percussion.DrumVoice.A <>^\markup { "Der oesterreichische Grenadiermarsch!" }

\score {
  \layout {
    \context {
      \Score
      \editionID ##f leipzig.orchI.partI
    }
    \context {
      \Voice
  \new DrumStaff = "Percussion" \with { \editionID percussion }
  <<
    \new DrumVoice { \voiceOne \snaredrumNotes }
    \new DrumVoice { \voiceTwo \bassdrumNotes }

}

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info
‣ email: address@hidden