Re: I'm sorry I feel stupid asking so many questions. How do I make fing

From: Aaron Hill
Subject: Re: I'm sorry I feel stupid asking so many questions. How do I make fingering go OUTSIDE of the staff?
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2018 15:32:40 -0700

On 2018-09-18 3:01 pm, Mia Heaton wrote:
I know you have the note-fingering but when i do this it goes inside
the staff and it looks crowded and ugly. Is there any way I can make
it go outside?

Hi Mia,

You should be able to use either the _ or ^ prefix to request that a specific fingering go below or above rather than rely on the default behavior. You can also change the fingeringOrientations to exclusively prefer a direction by default.

%%%%
\version "2.19.82"
{ <g'^1 b'^3 d''^5>4 % g's fingering would prefer to be below
  \set fingeringOrientations = #'(up) <g'-1 b'-3 d''-5>4 }
%%%%

-- Aaron Hill