Re: Sample document to show music fonts

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Sample document to show music fonts
Date: Fri, 21 Sep 2018 16:22:01 +0200

Hi foxfanfare

Am 20.09.2018 um 15:08 schrieb foxfanfare:
Urs Liska-3 wrote
I would say generally it should include one system because it should
require as little compiling time as possible and that would most likely
fit in the window without (much) scrolling. If it feels useful or
necessary to show more then it's ok, too. The window will cope with
multi-page documents as well, but I'd strongly suggest not to go that
route.

And I think sample documents should include text in roman, sans and
typewriter fonts too. It's not possible at the moment, but text fonts
will be selectable too, and then it would be stupid not to demonstrate
them in the sample documents.

Urs
Okay, here is my little contribution, 4 bars by Scriabin.
It is a good exercice for me, if this is useful for you, I could write some
more.

Scriabin.JPG <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5604/Scriabin.JPG>
Scriabin_-_Piano_Sonata_No.ly
<http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5604/Scriabin_-_Piano_Sonata_No.ly>

Thank you very much, this is very nice and useful.
I have by now incorporated a dropdown box to select from preset samples (now including 'Default' (the incomplete example I showed first), 'Glyphs' (so far a stub), 'Scriabine' and 'Berg'). As before it's also possible to load one's own file - and I had the idea of allowing to use the currently open document to show the effect of fonts! (Well, there's a non-trivial limitation to this: as soon as the document has its own paper block that will totally overwrite the font settings, so while this looks extremely useful it will fail to work in many cases.)

A new screencast is available at https://github.com/wbsoft/frescobaldi/pull/1075#issuecomment-423532714

Urs