Re: Tempo declaration on different staves

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Tempo declaration on different staves
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2018 09:49:04 -0400

Hi Vaughan,

> Putting the clef where it is a bit idiosyncratic, but it lets me do things
> like have a trombone part use bass clef in the score and tenor clef in the
> part.

Related: I have started to think of "clef" as presentation-layer [as opposed to
content-layer] data. Therefore, as soon as I have more than one possible output
(e.g., score and part), I move all clef declarations to my edition file (i.e.,
I inject it into the score using the edition-engraver).

Cheers,
Kieren.

Kieren MacMillan, composer
‣ website: www.kierenmacmillan.info