Re: lilypond.org Productions page

From: Ralph Palmer
Subject: Re: lilypond.org Productions page
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 07:41:59 -0500

I'm currently working on a collection of fiddle tunes transcribed/transposed for viola. It includes copyrighted music, but I have explicit permission from the copyright holders to post the collection publicly on the internet. The collection is produced using LilyPond and Frescobaldi, although I was planning to do the introductory materials in another program and post the whole production as PDF. Would my collection be acceptable with copyrighted (copywritten?) materials? I could remove the copyrighted materials, but that would certainly make the collection less useful to other violists.

All the best,

Ralph

On Sat, Dec 8, 2018 at 4:27 AM Federico Bruni <address@hidden> wrote:

Il giorno mer 5 dic 2018 alle 16:32, Sandro Santilli <address@hidden> ha
scritto:
> On Mon, Dec 03, 2018 at 11:12:31AM +0100, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:
>>  Am 2018-12-03 um 09:22 schrieb Urs Liska <address@hidden>:
>>
>>  > I think we should rather try to do a general collection among
>> users (but this should reach more channels than just this list) to
>> get a number of new entries for the page that makes it a little more
>> impressive.
>>
>>  My only publicly available LilyPond work is
>> http://www.vorwaertsbuchverlag.de/buecher/das-vorwärts-liederbuch
>>  LilyPond isn’t mentioned, and the layout is not by me.
>
> I've some lilypond files in https://strk.kbt.io/poetry/music

Thanks, but I see copyrighted music.
I think we should link only to public domain or open content licensed
music.