Re: lilypond.org Productions page

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: lilypond.org Productions page
Date: Sun, 9 Dec 2018 18:15:12 +0100

From: Ralph Palmer <address@hidden>
Date: Sunday, December 9, 2018 at 5:41 AM
To: <address@hidden>

I'm currently working on a collection of fiddle tunes transcribed/transposed for viola. It includes copyrighted music, but I have explicit permission from the copyright holders to post the collection publicly on the internet. The collection is produced using LilyPond and Frescobaldi, although I was planning to do the introductory materials in another program and post the whole production as PDF. Would my collection be acceptable with copyrighted (copywritten?) materials? I could remove the copyrighted materials, but that would certainly make the collection less useful to other violists.

I would prefer that we not limit the productions to public domain and open content licensed material.  In my opinion, as long as the music is available to see on the web (preferably in pdf form), we should let it be listed on our productions page.

I'm afraid this isn't a matter of personal opinion, because "we're a GNU project" etc. etc.

Thanks,

Carl