Re: Status and future of abc2ly

From: Jean Louis Thiry
Subject: Re: Status and future of abc2ly
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 13:33:51 +0100

Hi everyone,
The easiest and reliable way to translate from .abc to .ly is to use the excellent  TablEdit by Matthieu Leschemelle which can import an .abc file or an .abc code from clipboard and the you can export direct to a lilypond file. I did that way and translated hundreds of my irish and old time tunes transcriptions, both in dots for the flute and banjo tabs.
This process and a good template make this job done in a minute with very few tweaks.

Jean Louis.