Re: Combine these segments for same score

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Combine these segments for same score
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2018 10:12:20 -0600

On Sun 16 Dec 2018 at 07:38:03 (-0700), Reggie wrote:
> Schneidy wrote
> > Hi Reggie,
> > How about:
> >
> > \version "2.19.82"
> > % current bar number?
> > %\include "segment1.ly"
> > %\include "segment2.ly"
> > %\include "segment3.ly"
> >
> > %My other files are this code respectively 1 2 3
> >
> > segmentOne = \relative c' { \repeat unfold 50 {c2 c2} }
> > segmentTwo = \relative c' { \repeat unfold 50 {e2 e2} }
> > segmentThree = \relative c' { \repeat unfold 50 {g'2 g'2} }
> >
> > \new Staff = "mystaff" { \segmentOne \segmentTwo \segmentThree }
> >
> > Le sam. 15 déc. 2018 à 22:55, Reggie < reegistoop@ > a écrit :
> >
> >> I cannot use LilyPond for large scores it takes hours to compile. Nowhere
> >> in
> >> the documentation does it teach me how to merge. Can someone please show
> >> me
> >> how to make a seamless score from these multiple "segments" name? Every
> >> time
> >> I compile I get broken scores and not one piece together. Do I need to
> >> include currentBars or some kind of Scorecode? Please help. Please create
> >> dummy file so I can merge into a larger score thank you.

We prefer you to do that so we don't have to second guess what you are
really trying to do.

> >> badSegmenttt.png
> >> <http://lilypond.1069038.n5.nabble.com/file/t5625/badSegmenttt.png>
> >>
> >> My score file is this code
> >>
> >> \version "2.19.82"
> >> % current bar number?
> >> \include "segment1.ly"
> >> \include "segment2.ly"
> >> \include "segment3.ly"
> >>
> >> My other files are this code respectively 1 2 3
> >>
> >> \new Staff = "mystaff" \relative c' { \repeat unfold 50 {c2 c2} }
> >> \new Staff = "mystaff" \relative c' { \repeat unfold 50 {e2 e2} }
> >> \new Staff = "mystaff" \relative c' { \repeat unfold 50 {g'2 g'2} }
>
> That does not help and work. I have seen on this very list people who keep
> talking about segments and big scores but nowhere in manual does it mention
> this anywhere so confusing. What are we to do if we have a full orchestra
> score with many staffs and divisis how do we create the big score file
> including segmentation? Your solution is only working for simple example I
> provided. Can you describe how a big piece works for segment? Thank you for
> doing that.

That's because your example is so simple that it doesn't make it clear
what you want to concatentate. The response assume you're just
concatenating the notes into one part, whereas I suspect you actually
want to deal with the three *scores* that LP has instantiated
automatically. If so, then it would make your example less ambiguous
if you were to write out the \score { … } constructions explicitly.

With that assumption, there are several things you need to do in order
to concatentate scores:

All but the first score need \indent=0 as well as
\context { \Staff \omit TimeSignature } which can both go in the
layout. To get consecutive bar numbers, you need to put
\set Score.currentBarNumber=#51 and so on into a part.
However, that won't print a bar number for the first bar of a score
section for which you additionally need
\once \override Score.BarNumber.break-visibility = #end-of-line-invisible \bar
""

You will have to accept a line break at each change of score, but then
the only reason I would break a piece down into score fragments is
because it's made up of sections with grossly differing layouts
(like number of parts/choirs/soloists/accompaniment etc).

Cheers,
David.