Re: Fatal error compiling large project (Win10/2.19.82)

From: Urs Liska
Subject: Re: Fatal error compiling large project (Win10/2.19.82)
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2018 11:03:18 +0100

On 2018-12-18 10:51 pm, Urs Liska wrote:
This UI is populated by running LilyPond with the
-dshow-available-fonts option, so it actually displays what LilyPond
can really use.

Ah, that greatly reduces confusion.

However, my point still stands that one needs to be aware that the fonts available are unique between Windows and WSL.  Installing a font in Windows will not make it available to WSL LilyPond or vice versa.  Thankfully, Frescobaldi will show the fonts available to LilyPond, which serves as a good tool to confirm that fonts are installed properly in its environment.

But all of this is moot if Frescobaldi cannot be configured to use WSL LilyPond in the first place.  Urs, I know you have contributed to the Frescobaldi project.  Is this something you could speak to?

Not really.
What I *can* say is this:

  • LilyPond installations are registered in Frescobaldi by pointing to their executable.
  • Frescobaldi calculates a path relative to that executable and adds that to the library path in the LilyPond process's environment

I have no idea how invoking external scripts works with the WSL, so I can't comment any further, but as said, Frescobaldi is only looking for an absolute path to the executable.

HTH
Urs

-- Aaron Hill