Tuplets in Metric Modulations

From: Ld2020
Subject: Tuplets in Metric Modulations
Date: Thu, 20 Dec 2018 12:27:41 -0700 (MST)

I am notating some rhythms that use metric modulations (a.k.a. tempo
modulations).

I am indicating that a triplet quarter becomes the new quarter note.
What I want is a single quarter note with a triplet mark over it (3
and a bracket, spaced in such a way as to make it obvious this is one
third of a triplet)
= quarter note. That is hard to describe in words, so here is a link
to a page with a graphical example of what I'm talking about:
https://forum.makemusic.com/default.aspx?f=6&m=332470

Currently, I can't find a way to do this in Lilypond, so am doing this
instead:

\version "2.18.2"
\relative c {
\new RhythmicStaff {
\time 2/2
 \tempo "Grandioso" 2 = 48

c4 c c c |
\tuplet 3/2 {c4 c c } c2 |

\tempo \markup { \concat { (
"triplet "
%I want an actual triplet here, not the word triplet
        \smaller \general-align #Y #DOWN \note #"4" #1
" = "
        \smaller \general-align #Y #DOWN \note #"4" #1 " = " 144 ) }}
c4 c4 c4 c |
c8 c8 c4 c2 |
} }

Any tips would be vastly appreciated.